Want to learn more about Compassion Advocacy Network?
Compassion Advocacy Network, Inc., or (CAN), is a public charity founded March 3, 2003. Educate. Enrich. Empower. We provide charitable acts of kindness to needy at-risk populations and educational programs to help keep kids off the streets and in the class room toward on time graduation. We help needy residents of nursing homes, high/at-risk children with absentee parent(s), people with severe medical challenges including kids with cancer, homeless US Veterans, students serving short term suspension from school and adult parolees who are serious about turning their lives around. Since Feb 2013, with the financial support of our sponsors:
- We are able to conduct financial literacy classes to help residents living in poverty learn money management.
- Give to residents of nursing homes who don’t receive regular visits from family or friends over 3,240 CAN Help! Bags on their birthday, feed over 500 families, and helped to improve the quality of life for 12 people with severe medical challenges including kids with cancer.
- Take 200 at-risk kids on several excursions, given scholarship money for SAT tests, purchased graduation gowns, school uniforms, and paid for summer camps.
- Work with 100’s of homeless US Veterans to find comfort & housing as well as 4 adult parolees turn their lives around.
- Gain access to real estate worth over $800,000 in which to operate our alternative to suspension school program partnership with Norfolk Public Schools, Summerville Academy, which aims to keep short-term suspended students in the classroom and time for graduation.
We clocked in over 11,250 volunteer hours of either visitation or some type of activity or educational involvement and distributed over 173,980 items of food, clothing, personal care & household products to these needy populations.
Achieving this kind of success requires vision, adaptability, and sensitivity to people’s needs, innovative thinking, and community responsiveness. Compassion for suffering people demands no less. Help us continue to have success in our mission. Please, donate today. Your investment will return immeasurable results. Compassion is Contagious. Pass it on!Compassion Advocacy Network HQ
3131 Azalea Garden Road
Norfolk, Virginia 23513